The only "set back" that I've had so far is that one of my incisions got a little infected, so it was making it very sore to more - so I haven't been exercising yet. However, a good cleaning of the incision and a few days of neosporin have it healing nicely, so tomorrow - I get to start out on the Wii Fit! I can't wait! I know that I am going to work a little harder to lose the weight, because of my intolerance to sugar substitutes. Since I can't give up real sugar, I have to be willing to burn the calories off. Another 20 lbs and I'm heading back to Zumba to see how my body handles it. I'm hoping I'm not in as much pain as I was before, because I had so much fun with it! Here's hoping that 20 lbs comes quickly!!!
I have come to learn that no matter what, life is unceasing - we are in perpetual motion forward, and this is my journey.
17 January 2011
Making Good Headway
Over the past week or so, I have managed to start working my way into normal food. I have been doing pretty good with finding tasty "pureed" foods - scrambled eggs, pureed chicken salad, refried beans with red sauce, etc. I've been supplementing in between with some baby food, yogurt / fruit "shakes" and protein drinks. Yesterday, we went out to breakfast, and I tried a veggie omelet with no cheese. It was good (but I found that I really don't like Egg Beaters - I'll stick with normal eggs from now on) and I asked for a box as soon as the plate hit the table - so that I could immediately cut it in half, put half away and not worry about over eating. My stomach handled it well, and it filled me up nicely. It was so nice. I had hot and sour soup for dinner, which had some nice heat to it - and I handled that well also - it was great! I'm still training myself to not drink anything 30 minutes before or after I eat - I think that is the hardest thing so far. I'm so used to drinking while I eat that it's a challenge. I'm really looking forward to reintroducing a new food each day!
The only "set back" that I've had so far is that one of my incisions got a little infected, so it was making it very sore to more - so I haven't been exercising yet. However, a good cleaning of the incision and a few days of neosporin have it healing nicely, so tomorrow - I get to start out on the Wii Fit! I can't wait! I know that I am going to work a little harder to lose the weight, because of my intolerance to sugar substitutes. Since I can't give up real sugar, I have to be willing to burn the calories off. Another 20 lbs and I'm heading back to Zumba to see how my body handles it. I'm hoping I'm not in as much pain as I was before, because I had so much fun with it! Here's hoping that 20 lbs comes quickly!!!
The only "set back" that I've had so far is that one of my incisions got a little infected, so it was making it very sore to more - so I haven't been exercising yet. However, a good cleaning of the incision and a few days of neosporin have it healing nicely, so tomorrow - I get to start out on the Wii Fit! I can't wait! I know that I am going to work a little harder to lose the weight, because of my intolerance to sugar substitutes. Since I can't give up real sugar, I have to be willing to burn the calories off. Another 20 lbs and I'm heading back to Zumba to see how my body handles it. I'm hoping I'm not in as much pain as I was before, because I had so much fun with it! Here's hoping that 20 lbs comes quickly!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear you are progressing nicely! How much have you lost so far may I ask? I went to the seminar today and have decided on the sleeve. I will find out for sure on insurance by Thursday I think and then in 2-3 months I will have it done. I am excited. =0)
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful! As of last week, I've lost about 25 lbs. I will be weighing in tomorrow morning after I get the kids off to school. (I've been using my wii fit for my scale...lol).
ReplyDelete