Well, after 2 and a half very long days in the hospital, I finally came home Friday afternoon. As with any hospital stay, there were good points and bad points. I can honestly say, though, that some of the people that worked at the hospital I was at really should not be working in the field they were working in. All in all, my stay was uneventful. When I got to switch to my "phase 1" diet in the hospital, that was awful! Their broth was nasty, and the jello only actually arrived once. I pretty much stuck to decaf tea. Now that I'm home, I'm still on "phase 1" through tomorrow - broth, tea, water. I can start adding protein drinks, yogurt, etc on Monday. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good. Only a little bit of pain in the incision where they had a drain until Friday morning. Otherwise, mostly no pain. I'm still very sleepy all the time and I'm only taking the vicadin (liquid form) at night to help me sleep through the night.
This week has been hard on everyone, that's for sure. Alex is very confused as to why he can't climb up on my lap and snuggle. John II has been handling it very well, in his own way, but can be very emotional. The entire first day I was home, he sat on the couch next to me, playing his DS, never leaving my side. He worries about the little things. John, my awesome husband has been fantastic through this all - being supportive for me, taking care of the boys, doing the best he can. I could not have done this without him!
Thanks to all the friends & family who have helped us and offered help to us this week - especially the day of surgery. We couldn't have done it you all - especially to Joan, who got up at the crack of dawn to come and stay wtih Alex until it was time to take him to daycare, and to Monica, who kept John with her all day, and kept him from worrying too much by taking him to a movie!
Happy New Year everyone!
Carol I saw your post on FB and I am starting the steps to go with the surgery to. I commend you for doing it and hope that you have wonderful results and feel better from it. I have my seminar scheduled for January 17th and my Dr. was the one to suggested it to me back in May. I hope you are recovering well. Hugs
ReplyDeleteGood for you!! After you have your seminar, let me know if you have any questions - so far, I'm doing great, and feel good. I'm a little tired, but that's to be expected, otherwise, it's going very well!
ReplyDelete