24 December 2010

Merry Christmas!

Here it is, 15 minutes until Christmas Day.  I've had a wonderful day with my boys, John did an awesome job getting all the presents wrapped, and now it's time to fill stockings, bring up the Santa presents and head to bed.  While John finishes up what he's doing, I have a couple minutes to reflect.  I have a lot to be thankful this Christmas - John's dad is in the homestretch of Chemo and is cancer free, I'm having my surgery next Wednesday to improve the life of myself and my family, and everyone else is healthy and thriving.  Alex & John are growing "like weeds" in both body, mind and personality. 
Christmas continues to be hard for me - it was my mom's signature holiday, and I find it hard to decorate the house or frost cookies without thinking of her.  This is the 2nd one without her, and it's definately easier than last year, but not by much.  Had it not been for John helping me along, the tree would never have gotten decorated this year.  I just try to smile at the fact that I know she's watching over all of us - all her kids, grandkids and great-grandkids this Christmas season - laughing and rejoycing with us all.
Love to you all - may your holidays be bright, full of laughter and yummy treats!  Eat a cookie and drink a glass of wine for me - I'll be enjoying my cream of wheat and yogurt tomorrow.   HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment