25 December 2010

Happy Holidays - 4 days to go!

I hope today found everyone with family and friends, enjoying gifts, love and laughter - we certainly did!  Of course, the boys were up at the crack of dawn - John earlier than Alex, of course - but it didn't take long for John to wake up Alex - haha.  We were unwrapping  presents by 7:30am - but that was ok, because then we had quite a bit of time to relax and play before heading over to have Christmas with John's parents, sisters, spouses and children.  It was wonderful!  Dinner went very well (well, for everyone else - I enjoyed my crunchy carrots and protein drinks...), and everyone had a great time opening presents.  Renee, Julie & I even got surprise presents from Joan of cross-stitches of our most recent born babies "birth info".  They are beautiful.  It was interesting to have all the grandkids there playing in the living room - 1 baby, 2 toddlers, a 7 year old and a 12 year old pre-teen.  Crazy stuff indeed.....
I have to say, I have the best in-laws in the world.   All of them are very supportive of Alex's allergies, and try very hard to make sure that there's always something special for him to eat.  Joan made jello just for Alex, so that he could have desert tonight, and made sure that the ham was safe for him to eat.  She even picked up some really cool gluten free snack bars for him for Christmas.  They have also been very supportive of my decision to have the surgery, and happy about the news of the change to the type of surgery, and my comfort level with it.  Having their support has been a wonderful feeling, and is so greatly appreciated.  It's nice to know that I have the support of my family.  While I'm comfortable and excited about the surgery, it is surgery, and there's a part of me that is nervous - so having as much suport as I can is helping me so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment