11 February 2011

Weigh Ins & Special Occasions

So, a few things happened today that have me completely sure that my decision to do this surgery was completely the right one for me.  In just 6 weeks, I have lost 37.5 lbs, and have gone down 2-3 shirt sizes and 2 pants sizes.  We are doing family pictures tomorrow (with John's whole clan), and as I was getting clothes together for all my guys, I quickly realized that I had absolutely NOTHING that fit properly.  So, the search for something cheap but appropriate began.  I started at Lane Bryant, because of course, in addition to everything else, my bras no longer fit right either.  So, after I hit the clearance rack to try to find an undergarment, I hit the clothing clearance racks to see what I could find.  I found a great, heather grey tunic style, light weight sweater with a great neckline on clearance - in a size 18/20!  I can honestly say that I don't remember the last time I wore an 18/20.   They didn't have any jeans in clearance, so I was determined to head home, and just wear the least baggy pair of jeans I have (which, consequently, are pretty baggy....LOL).  As I was leaving the mall, I remembered that Julie told me that Deb had some plus sizes, so I peeked in the door as I walked past, and saw clearance racks.  I found a great pair of size 20 skinny jean leggings.  They looked a little small to me, but I decided to try them anyway - because I had just seen a show on TV where someone mentioned that it often takes a while for your brain to catch up to reality when it comes to sizes, and how easy it is to wear the baggy clothing.  I almost fell over when they went right on and fit great!  I can honestly say that I have not worn these sizes in more years than I can honestly remember!  I actually tried on clothing, looked in the mirror, and didn't hate what I saw, and was excited to purchase it!  I still have a long way to go, but the journey is going to be exciting.  Guess I'll be hitting the thrift stores and watching for clearance sales to get more clothes that fit....!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Carol! I am very happy for you and your excitement and achievements is making my countdown so much more exciting too!

    ReplyDelete