04 February 2011

One Month Surgical Checkup

Today was my one month post-op checkup.  My doctor is very happy with my progress.  I have already lost 29 pounds from my "surgical weight".  He's happy with my weight loss, and with my overall progress - I'm not getting sick from anything I'm eating and I'm getting all the right "signals" from my body when I overeat.  He was also happy to hear that I'm working on the Wii Fit a few times a week, and planning on going back to Zumba soon.  The biggest piece of advice he gave me is to listen to my own body.  If I"m eating something, and am hungry 15 minutes later - I shouldn't eat that anymore, or eat less of it and pair it with something containing more protein.  Also, different foods are going to fill me up differently, and I need to learn how to pair foods together to make full meals, that are filling and nutritious. 
I was so happy about my checkup, I celebrated with a tall soy skinny vanilla latte.  (notice the omission of DECAF!!!)  It was so nice to have a normal cup of coffee. 
So, I'm going to give it another week, and next payday, I'm heading back to Zumba - I'm SOOO excited!  I'll have to hang in the back and take it very slow, but I'm ready to go back.  I want to be ready for spring and summer - start riding bikes with John, maybe getting out on skates, and definitely want to be wearing a swimsuit this summer!



1 comment:

  1. That is great Carol! Keep it up! I have a 6 month wait due to insurance but hearing your progress makes me really look forward to the result you are getting! I have my 1st appointment with the Bariatric Nurse on Monday.

    ReplyDelete